"Good-first-issue" for a "good-first-experience". Part 1/4.

Status: In active search

    What I have recently found out is the cornerstone of an open source development is not only to be able to contribute to a project, it is also to know what project one should contribute to.
   I've been searching mostly on Codetribute, which is a Mozilla's owned web portal to manage open source contributions.



    After a couple of hours of searching for the bug, the only and the best, I noticed that the list of the current issues in there is sorted by dates of recent updates only, which makes it harder to find a newly created bug to contribute to, since updated old ones (and sometimes very old ones) get pushed to the top of the list as well. I find it a little challenging for myself (at least for now) to be trying to go over dozens of comments for a specific issue and trying to fix it, when other people have been working on it for a while already.



    But let's move the technicalities aside. The job that lays ahead is to find a project to contribute. As per Jatin's recommendation (you can find Jatin's blog here), there is an interesting project that can get under my radar of interest - Teammates. The project focuses on online web evaluation for peer students; it uses Java, JS, and Angular. I personally think that a project of this size is a great opportunity for contributing, so I will definitely try my luck with it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Different Frames of Same VidioCapture

Node.js: fs.open()

Good friend penguinV